Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2017

"Faithful to All His Promises" Bible Curriculum REVIEW

clip art taken from www.childrendesiringgod.org

Disclaimer: I was given, "Faithful to All His Promises" Classroom Kit (Electronic Version) for review.  I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions are my own!

I was  recently given the opportunity to review: Faithful to All His Promises (REVISED Version) from Children Desiring God Ministries.


"Faithful to All His Promises is a study for children on the promises of God. Children will not simply learn about some of God's promises, but rather, they will discover what it means to trust in those promises which are God's gift to us, not something we deserve. Faithful to All His Promises begins by teaching children what a promise is, what makes God trustworthy with these promises, and who these promises are for. Then children get to explore some specific promises from God to see how He has been and will be faithful to each of those promises."
(taken directly from Children Desiring God Ministries web-site)

"Faithful to All His Promises" consists of 40 lessons (to view the curriculum's complete scope and sequence click HERE).  Of the 40 lessons there are 25 specific promises taught, such as: God Will be With You, God Hears Your Prayers, and God Will Provide for Your Needs. 

This curriculum was specifically designed to use in the church.  Children Desiring God Ministry has considered that families may want to use this in their home.  Therefore, they have included helpful hints such as ways to adapt the curriculum for home, the advantages of using the material in your home, and scheduling recommendations in the Teacher's Guide Appendix.  I found these suggestions helpful!

As I began looking through the Teacher's Guide I thought it would be best to purchase the student workbook (only $5 automatic download!).  The workbook includes two pages per lesson.  The first page contains the lesson number, main ideas, scripture, memory verse, and activity instructions.  The second page is the correlating activity page that the student completes.  Take a look at the student workbook example HERE (see page 21-22).

In our home we complete one lesson per week.  Each week my children are excited to discover a NEW promise!  To make it an enjoyable experience I've placed each week's new promise, written on paper, inside a small treasure box.  My young children love to open the box each week to reveal the special promise!  We then turn to scripture and read the correlating bible verse.  I desire for my children to understand that, "mama didn't make up these promises, they have been given to us BY God found IN the bible!"  After, we tape the small promise paper to a large poster board to reflect upon and review in the weeks to come! 

We then sing the hymn, "Standing on the Promises of God" as a song we are putting to memory that correlates beautifully with this curriculum!! (See the first two verses below!

 1. Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
through eternal ages let his praises ring;
glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
standing on the promises of God.
Refrain:
Standing, standing,
standing on the promises of Christ my Savior;
standing, standing,
I'm standing on the promises of God.

2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
when the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
by the living Word of God I shall prevail,
standing on the promises of God.
(Refrain) 
I have thoroughly enjoyed EACH lesson!  It is a blessing to me to have a rich theologically, God-centered curriculum for my children at such a young age.  The promises presented are like bullets my children will have loaded and will be able to fire off under life's twist and turns.  Not only are my children learning but EVEN I have been blessed by this curriculum and have been thankful to go through it together as a family.  Each promises is like a solid brick we can build upon and STAND! I highly recommend considering going through this curriculum as a family!

More quick thoughts below...
  • Although this study is intended for second grade age level I feel it is good for ALL AGES!  Learning and memorizing the promises of God has no age limit!  This study can be easily used for the entire family AND be repeated!  I foresee my family going through this study again!  
  • The curriculum can simply be used as a guide for the study of God's promises.  Many times we like to have our children DO workbooks, journals, or activities.  Using this simply as a guide for reading scripture and discussing the main ideas is a wonderful simplified way to incorporate this into your family's routine, family devotions, or bible home school lessons.
  • Purchasing the $5 workbook is helpful.  As I mentioned above the student workbook made it easy for me to know the scriptures, main ideas, and suggested activities without having to look through a detailed Teacher's Guide.  The student workbook would be sufficient to use for home.  (FYI: Some pages in the workbook require PDF printables from the resources DVD which is a separate purchase.) 
  • THERE IS MORE!  Once you complete this study, Children Desiring God Ministries has an entire scope and sequence with more studies to work through!  Check it out HERE!  
I strongly encourage ALL parents to teach the bible at home, not just homeschooling families.  Children Desiring God Ministries supports this as well and gives us a biblical reference in Deuteronomy 6:5-9 for reflection in this area.  In the curriculum they state, "The primary responsibility and privilege of nurturing the faith of youth rests on parents." What a joy it is to act upon this God given responsibility and teach my children Christ!  I feel confident in partnering with Children Desiring God Ministries and their resources to help me teach and train my children in the Lord.

"Our mission is to spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things so that the next generation may know and cherish Jesus Christ as the only One who saves and satisfies the desires of the heart.

We want millions in every generation to set their hope in God. To that end, we aim to fuel spiritual desire by producing God-centered, Bible-saturated, Christ-exalting resources and by equipping parents and churches working in partnership to instruct the mind, engage the heart, and nurture the faith of the next generations."
Thank you Children Desiring God Ministries for allowing me the time to review this curriculum and share my thoughts with my readers! 

Thank you to my readers for taking the time to visit "My Teacher's Name is Mama" and consider, "Faithful to All His Promises" for your family!  God Bless you!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...