Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Teacher's Name is Grandma

Some of my blog readers are grandmas!  I have been wanting to write to YOU specifically for some time now and I was suddenly inspired after a conversation with my own mother!  She was telling me when she sent us to school she was able to accomplish many tasks at home.  I replied to her with, "Since I will be homeschooling I won't have 7 hours a day with no kids in the house."  (Which made me reflect on... I can't imagine my children away from me for 7 hours a day...but that will be another post!) So she replied with, "You will just have to take a field trip to grandma's house!" Which lead me to the title of this post, "My Teacher's Name is Grandma."

I'm so blessed to have two sets of grandparents that are AWESOME with our children!  Both grandparents claim Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior of their lives!  I am so thankful for this!  Although I am the "lead" teacher for my children I recognize and gladly accept other teachers that will come alongside my children to teach them.  Learning is so broad and must NOT be limited to a classroom.  In fact most paramount learning seems to occur outside the classroom! 

So today I wanted to take a moment to thank my grandma readers!  I also wanted to validate that you play an important role in the life of your grandchild.  Although you may or may not teach them calculus you do have the opportunity to teach them a great number of other lessons.  Many of these lessons may not be taught directly yet indirectly through your example and observable behavior.  So stay the course and seek God's wisdom as you also have the opportunity to be your grandchild's teacher!  God Bless YOU!


2 Timothy 1:5  "I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...