Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Toddler Tip #1 Brushing Teeth


You really learn "as you go" but sometimes little tips in life are helpful therefore I'm starting a new series titled, "Toddler Tips."  I will be posting my tips randomly as I learn myself!  

My first toddler tip will be on how we brush our toddler's teeth!  Toddlers can't quite reach the sink yet and having your toddler stand on a stool makes for some wiggles!  So, we brush our toddler's teeth at the kitchen table (while she is in her booster seat).
I simply keep a cup with a tooth brush inside (see above) in our kitchen (easily accesable and works great for a daily reminder).  I fill the cup with a bit of water and sit next to my toddler.  I get to brush her teeth first then she gets to brush them!  Because of this routine she does a nice job letting me brush them thoroughly then she has the joy of doing it all by herself.

I have tried other methods but so far this has worked the best!  Please take a few minutes to watch this video on brushing teeth (yes it's about brushing, wait until the end).  It's really convicting too! Let me know what you think!  Happy Healthy Toddler Teeth!!




4 comments:

  1. Great routine and a very cute cup! I can just say it's a struggle and a family activity here. Daddy is joking and tickling while Mommy is brushing type of a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's not easy for us everyday too! We can only try our best. Just trying to develop a good routine/habit!

      Delete
  2. When my girls were small, I let them brush and then the Inspector (me) came along to check how they did. Maybe this would be a second step got you. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I can see us using this as she gets older!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...